Baby its cold outside!!! There’s nothing like Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to keep you and your family cozy and boost your immune naturally during the winter season.
Today I made Homemade Chicken Rigatoni Soup, its like regular Chicken Noodle Soup but it has a flavorful bang!! Plus a different noodle.
I’m sure your family will cherish this healthy soup. You can pair it with your favorite biscuit, crackers, or cornbread.
You can slow cook it in a crock pot or on the stove. I cooked mine in a pot on the stove. The aroma in my house from the herbs was mouth-watering!!
- 1 box of Barilla Rigatoni
- 1 cooked Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Carrots
- 1 1/2 cup of Spinach
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 can of Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cans of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Iaso Tea Bag (12 herbs)
- 6 cups of water
- Pour the Chicken Broth and water in a pot. Set stove on medium heat.
- Add herbs and spices to pot slightly boil for eight minutes.
- Rinse all beans separately and drain in a colander.
- Rinse and chop carrots.
- Add Black Beans and carrots to pot. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Cut Rotisserie Chicken in half. Remove dark meat and cut white meat in small portions. Use 50% of skin.
- Add Garbanzo Beans to pot.
- Add chicken to pot.
- Add Rigatoni to pot.
- Add spinach to pot.
- Stir every few minutes slowly.
** Note: the last 10 minutes I added the Rigatoni and Spinach. You don’t want to overcook the pasta. **
Total cook time about 1 hour and 3o minutes via stove. After I added the chicken the pot was on a low simmer.